Re: Why code your own library?

Pedro Medeiros wrote:

> >I wonder if you could write a netscape plugin that would run the
> autoget
> >script automatically when you clicked on it?  Then, getting a game
> >would be *JUST* a matter of clicking on a link to the autoget
> >script.  One mouse click game installation!
>
> Ok. This will sound completly lame and windows solution,
> but what about a program that changes a tarball into a
> self extracting executable?

That's OK for binary distributions - but for source distributions,
it's hopeless. How would I make a self-extracting executable
for all of x86, Alpha, PowerPC, MIPS, SPARC, etc?

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker