Re: Linuxgames update

Paul Tiseo wrote:

>         The first negative? It's an NT-based server. They have database
> connectivity that we need, using it themselves already. They also have many
> implemented features I would like to have  forums, but its all NT. Dave
> Astle, current webmaster, has stated that he would not be adverse to
> installing PHP3, which has a Windows version. Also, he has expressed that
> he originally worked on linux, prefers linux for servers and might soon be
> getting a linux box. For now, though, it's NT. That works for me, since I
> come from NT, and I have no "patriotic feelings" for either OS. But, I know
> it might give some of you indigestion at the very thought of it. :)

<cringe>... Well, if it is stable enough and you can work with it. I
guess it should be the call of the one taking care of the web site (I
know *I* wouldn't want to work on NT!). Even more so if the site is done
using tools portable back and forth between Unix and Win32, like PHP3.
PHP3 code is database-independent, right?

>         The second? There is advertisement on the site. That might be
> anathema to some of you.

If it is not intrusive, it would be okay. Advertisement on
linuxgames.com or slashdot.org are good examples of acceptable
advertisement.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/