Re: Game Logic

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 06:12:47PM -0400, Mithras wrote:

> Why not try Python?  Python's a nice scripting language which is very
> easily embeddable.  I've heard of at least one other project that's using
> Python for its game logic.  I've considered the scripting logic problem
> myself, and it occurs to me there are a lot of places to get hung up
> writing an original script engine for one's own game.

I happen to be a big fan of Scheme m'self. My latest project is SERGE, an RPG core of sorts made using Guile, which is a halfway decent standalone and embeddable Scheme environment from the GNU project.

Anyway, Scheme, and Guile in particular, make damned fine scripting languages and they're probably worth considering.