[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Idle? We could need some help...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Idle? We could need some help...
- From: Peter Korsgaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 17 Feb 2002 21:22:11 +0100
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:22:17 -0500
- In-Reply-To: Gregor Mueckl's message of "Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:32:46 +0100"
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <3C6FCD1E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.0807 (Gnus v5.8.7) Emacs/20.7
>>>>> "Gregor" == Gregor Mueckl <GregorMueckl@gmx.de> writes:
Gregor> artists on our team we lack programming manpower to keep up
Gregor> with them (no joking here :-). So all I want to say is: we
Gregor> could need help with certain things.
I think you are the first to have this problem - it's usually the
other way around ;)
Gregor> First of all we could need a working network abstraction
Gregor> layer running at least on Windows and Linux and providing a
Gregor> unified low level interface to TCP and UDP. Is there any Open
Gregor> Source library out there capable of this?
SDL has a cross platform network abstraction layer called SDL_net
(http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_net/index.html). I haven't tried
it myself though.
Gregor> Second, what about good, high-quality video codecs? I have so
Gregor> far found none that is both high-quality and not bound to any
Gregor> patenting/licencing issues that could make us pay (especially
Gregor> MPEG2/MPEG4, which we therefore cannot use at all).
What about old mpeg1 - or isn't that high quality enough? Ogg Tarkin
also looks promising.
Bye, Peter Korsgaard