mesa

I'd like to write some sort of interactive origami program--I'd need to
have virtual paper that could be folded (by mouse, keyboard or script) into
birds etc.  I may be able to do this myself, but it seems like something
that may already be implemented in some 3D library, which I'd want to use
anyway for GUI.  Something that supports some specification of fixed-size
triangles that can be 'joined' at points or along sides would be good.  If
I could tell it to fix some points, move some points, and automatically
adjust all the other points to keep the triangles' fixed sizes, that'd be
super.  Any recommendations?  Are any of you guys are working on something
like that?