Re: Not a HOWTO but a guide of some sort...

> If you are running a recent development kernel (and have the right graphics
> card) you can also display graphics directly in a console with FBCON which
> is provided by the kernel (stands for frame-buffer console).  This is the
> most crude method, but I found it very instructive and straightforward.
> -Brett

That devel kernel will very shortly not be a devel kernel.  I think the
2.2.0 kernel will be shoveled out the door within 2 weeks.  I'd wait until
the 2.2.1 kernel though.  Accodring to alan linus just wants to get a
stable kernel out the door and then incorporate some changes into the
2.2.1 that are neccesary.

I beleive that Linus and Alan really want things to move in the direction
of FBCON.

-mike