Re: interrupt current thread for a moment...

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Michael Maher wrote:

>> Whould you be interested in doing a "chapter" on packagin for the book. I
>> know theres the book by Ed Bailey , actualy I know Ed Bailey. But I was
>> thinking just a quikie on building rpms once the tar.gz source is done.
>> Well maybe something on build scripts. I don't know just something.
>
>I would be interested in doing that.  The book, while comprehensive on rpm
>terminology, could be condensed.. 'How do I build an RPM from Source.' and
>different strategies to take.  There is also the file system and build
>root factors to think about, which aren't stressed as much in the book.
>
>-mike

Exactly! Thats what I would like to see. Maybe even things like using rpm
in automake scripts so that when you type make it will make an rpm if you
are on an rpm system.

-  Bryan Patrick Coleman  -  Triad Linux Users Group  -  bpcolema@uncg.edu  -
     -  http://www.wayward.net/tlug/index.html  -  tlug-mail@uncg.edu  -