Re: XF86 and full-screen graphical console apps

Johnny Taporg wrote:

> The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.
> It seems like the cleanest solution for console
> graphics on this side of kernel patching.  Especially
> if the ggi team then wrote a target for it, so that
> the interface would be standard.

You got it! Have the interface as unstable as XFree86 want it (they
don't release very often anyway), but have it as a target for GGI!

> I poked around the xf86 web site without much luck.
> The current code is still distributed as a different
> server for each chipset, while the development code
> is only available to registered members of the xf86
> project.
>
> Pierre, you think you could dig up anything?

Well, I could try to do some more digging, but most of the stuff I found
was how to make new drivers. We'd have to Use the Source, Luke.

This will wait a bit (like a few days) for any real research on my part,
I have to finish the sound module for Remtris 3.

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/