use the tools

even tho they're totally brutal :)

I've been working on some small utilities to convert to my model format and
view my models, and decided on a whim to run lint over my little hacks. That
sure knocked me down a notch :) I thought I was a badass cuz I was compiling
with -ansi -pedantic -Wall -Werror... After the painful delinting process, I
feel my code is MUCH more robust...

A couple other tools that I like are efence (helps find things like memory
leaks and bad memory accesses), gprof (profiling to find where your programs
are spending the most time and where to optimize), and memprof (gtk+ program
that profiles and watches for memory leaks).

If you're coding, use the tools! they'll help you make your program much better

sorry 'bout the noise, just had to share... :)

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~br0ke]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all
probability, they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore
may result in severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep
Refrigerated.