Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:19:26 +0800 (WST)
From: Sebastian Malcolm <sm@axnet.wa.edu.au>
To: icrawfor@uoguelph.ca
Subject: Linux Games/PenguinPlay IDEAS.

Hi,

I'am V. Interested...

Brainstorming Is good: I could think of a lot of things to say about
Linux+Games but here is just a few for now...

We (The Linux Game Development Group/Linux Gamers) need:
 + A _single_ name for "The Project(s) That we work on".
 + A Simple recognisable LOGO.
 + A Simple "catchy" phrase for Linux Games/Gaming.
 + A Mission Statement. (Strategy/Planning is vital IMHO).
 + A single website for Develpment
 + A single website for Publication/News/Discussion.

Of The Above, we already have http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/ for
Develpment (of PenguinPlay)

http://www.linuxgames.com/ Looks perfect as a standard place for
Publication and news

The www.linuxgames.com site also has what I think Is a v.good _simple_
Logo.
They also have a resonable "catch phrase": Even Penguins like to have fun.

But I suggest that in the same way DirectX is synomonous with M$Windohh,
PenguinPlay should be synomonous with Linux.

PenguinPlay: Time to PenguinPlay!

LinuxGames: Quake+Linux+VoodooII = :-)

And so on..

What I think is still lacking is a common Mission Statement, however your
"Shoutout" to the Linux (Gamers) Community is an excellent beginning just
begging for attention. V.Good.

...I'll get back to you when I have more time.

..Sebastian Malcolm.

Email: sm@axnet.wa.edu.au
BTW I am administrator of axnet.wa.edu.au so if you still need FTP
space &/OR another Email address... Email Me.

P.S. I'am a 1st Year Computer Science Student at Curtin Uni
(www.curtin.edu.au)