Re: The Artists thing

> MP3 is good - small, high quality, sounds everywhere the same,
> relatively simple to play (as there's enough player code out there) - but
> it's lossy, so you shouldn't use MP3 directly for making the music. The
> stuff should be converted to MP3 only directly before distributing it.
> Propably best for short sound effects, speech, ...

I haven't played around with sound much but my understanding is that
converting an MP3 to a format playable by the sound card takes a fair
amount of processing power.  Probably not much of a consideration for
most people but if you want it to run on a 486 it's something to keep
in mind.

Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com