Re: Poll ideas?

Philipp Guehring wrote:

> TO ALL THE LONE PROGRAMMERS OUT THERE: Stop trying to create your own
> project, your own little Tetris, your own little Defkon, your own whatever.
> Stop it now, if it isnīt already successful. Letīs come together and work
> together. Donīt start your own new project.

You miss my point.  There is little point in getting a group of programmers
together - you *still* need some artistic input and a good game designer.

With all the support libraries out there, a 'lone programmer' can comfortably
write all the code for a pretty reasonable game.  My upcoming 'TuxKart' has
most of the important features of MarioKart64 - and it only took about five
weeks to write.

However, I only have four tracks and they are nowhere *near* as graphically
'rich' as those in MarioKart...without one or more competent 3D artists,
I'm kinda stuck with what I have.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker