Re: Tux Racer 0.10 Released

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Keith Lucas wrote:

> >I know this sucks, but : "Get another ISP". Seriously. That is not the
> >kind of service you would want.
>
> Hahahahahahahahaha. This is the UK.

I am sorry to hear about this. I live in DK, at in general the ISP's here
are linux friendly; they do not really support it, but there are no
problems using them, and if there are problems they usually have docs
about it on their homepage.

Most ISP's in DK uses unix/linux for dialin.

> >RedHat has a long story of not including stuff that is not open
> >source. Since Glide has not been until recently, I assume that it is one
> >of the reasons that the did not include the package.
> >
> >Glide is now open source. You can get rpm packages at
> >http://linux.3dfx.com/
>
> Well, yeah, *I* can - but this might limit the market a bit... it complicates
> further getting OpenGL stuff installed on a user's machine.

I also meant to say that in future versions of RH, glide may come
preinstalled.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
You know you're a Linux geek when...

    You find the thought of rebooting after installing a piece of software
    utterly absurd.
                                                     - segfault