Re: Hi everybody!

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Paul Tiseo wrote:

> At 11:39 PM 5/24/99 +0200, you wrote:
> >In fact it is only fast (at compiling code), but the generated object code
> >is inferior to almost any other compiler out there (and if you won't take
>
> 	I'm curious: what do you use then? If it isn't on linux, what would you
> recommend on linux?

I use egcs (and as I have just written actually thought Alex was talking
about egcs). I wouldn't recommend another compiler, because I donīt know
if there are any realistic alternatives (I'm sure there are). I have heard
that a new compiler is due out from codewarrior along with their IDE, but
that's a commercial product. All in all egcs is a pretty good
compiler, and is probably the best C++ compiler on the platform, but I
definately wouldn't call it "performant".

Regards
	Martin Starch - ClanSoft