Re: linuxgames.org

At 03:14 PM 5/25/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I work at a web hosting place and I can host here, I'd also be more than
>willing to handle the internic fees indefinately(barring unforseen

	Not to question your dedication, :) but I think some people object to a
single person having ownership of the domain name. If the site loses
contact with you, then we lose the domain name. I would have offered the
same myself (minus the hosting contact, you lucky dog!) but stopped short
seeing the logic in the argument.

	Presumably, Lokisoft would be around longer than any single one person.

	Hell, even that isn't a certainty given the short lifespan of gaming
companies, right? Hmm, maybe we should consider an "oligarchy" :) of LGDC
people that could be formed into an entity that is "greater" than the sum
of the people in it and split the cost. A proper charter would absolve any
one individual of domain name responsibility. But, not being a legal
expert, I don't know if there is a way to do this "on the
cheap"...(Incorporation isn't cheap.)

Paul Tiseo
ptiseo@mediaone.net