Re: Angband development

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> And a question:
>
> * What more can be added to a textbased game such as Angband, which
> already has a lot of depth (unlike modern games)? Are multiplayer
> capabilities considered.

Well, MAngband(Multiplayer Andbagnd) exists.  It ran a little slow, but that might have been due to the servers.
http://www.umr.edu/~Ekeldon/mangband/

Also another good Moria derivative of mine was IMoria
http://members.xoom.com/kertes/index.htm
It has subquests, guilds, peoples opinion changes of you, bigger towns, water in the dungeons.  All sorts of good featurtes.  I found most Rogue-like games fun, but actuall lacking in depth.  Come on, going into Rogue-like games, go kill the boss is pretty much it.  At least IMoria adds more things todo(like subquests).