Re: Is there any book?

phylos@lycosmail.com wrote:
>Hi Hello!, Dear People of Linux Game Development Knowledge.
>
> I would like to know if there is any book or tutorial where I can learn
>to develop games to Linux. I would like to find any C or C++ book that
>teach you to program easy games on Linux. I like linux a lot and I would
>like to find any book for help the development of games for Linux.

AFAIK Jorrit (of CrystalSpace fame) is writing one, but I'm not aware of a
real existing "Linux game programming" book...

My suggestion: Buy a general book about game development, read some generic
tutorials on gamedev.net etc and then ask here when you run into problems &
system specific stuff.
And of course looking at existing games (see happypenguin.org for almost
all of them) and their source also helps.

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

"World domination. Fast." (Linus Torvalds about Linux)