Re: Games, games and games

<snip>

> What I want to know is what sort of games people would be buy for
> Linux/BSD/SOlaris/Whatever. I expect Loki's regular offerings of 'Yet Another
> FPS' isn't the sort of thing Linux users generally go in for.
>
> In my personal experience, Linux users tend to be into RPGs/RTS', and not
> gorefests.
>
> Opinions?

<snip>

I enjoy a game of ut once in a while, but not for very long and not very often.
I personally prefer strategy and simulation type games, sometimes welldone
rpg type games :) Some of my favorites are games like pirates, silent service,
X-wing, starcraft, mechwarrior3, bards tale, a handful of flight sims, ...

I think one of the things I'm really looking for is a definite story, but *I* want an
active hand in defining the story. A lot of games have a single thread storyline
and you're not so much a participant as merely a button pusher. The 'story'
attached to a typical fps game is virtually nonexistant and basically a kluge to
attempt to explain why you're on a gorefest. :) I have nothing against a little
gore, but I like to think, too. I'm not afraid to think a little, that's why I'm not
using windows or a game console :)

         -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.