Re: Lack of Tutorials

> Christian Reiniger wrote:
>
> > On Saturday 26 May 2001 16:34, Richard James wrote:
> >

> > Note: some more topics are listed at
> > http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/static.php3?page=submit#topics
> >
> > I'm thinking about writing some articles, but right now I'm doing a (much
> > needed) revamp of the LGDC site code and I guess it's better to first
> > finish that ASAP.

christian, what code needs to be revamped? I managed to finish up school
so I'm no longer under the burden of those 18 hour semesters plus a full
time job (just the burden of looking for a job, in addition to a few projects
like the freebsd nvidia driver). Maybe I should redirect my attention on the
sdk/api comparison thing that I'd forgotten about :)

> Yes and there are many more tutorials that can be done we just need to
> find someone to do them. Unfortunatley my programming skills are not up
> to scratch but I will look into some of the ones that don't require such
> knowledge. I am also doing a section for complete newbies i.e. #1 in my
> list of difficulties, but it is taking some time and requires a
> considerable knowledge of computer game manufacture.

I'd be willing to work on tutorials, too. Right not my OpenGL capabilities are
somewhat limited by my current hw/driver status, but I'm fairly competent
at opengl and sdl (or so I like to fool myself into believing), and I'd be willing
to either write more one-shot article/tutorials, work with someone to write
something, or even do an article series, mebbe for a simple game.

> p.s. I didn't mean that YOU SHOULD DO THEM just that someone should do
> them or at least try.

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.