Re: SVGALIB on Thinkpad

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Katie Lucas wrote:

>Personally, I want to write a game. Someone else (Possibly a future
>me) can port this thing to something else when I'm done. Given that I
>have a couple of days off, I can either spend a couple of days faffing
>with getting SDL to install or a couple of days writing game code...

Which means you'll over the years spend a few days arguing why you chose
SVGALIB and not something else. You also immediately shut out a great deal
of potential users by using SVGALIB. Personally I never touch software
written using it, but I do test stuff done with SDL/Plib or similar
toolkits.

But, of course the choice is yours.

--
  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather