Re: Announcement date

> Christian Reiniger <warewolf@mayn.de> wrote:

> If no more issues pop up I'll post the announcement to Freshmeat,
> comp.os.linux.announce and comp.games.development.programming.misc plus
> notes about it to Linux daily news and Slashdot on Friday evening.

> I won't be able to monitor Slashdot (to cope with
> misunderstandings, prevent stupid flamewars and clear up unclear stuff)
> however - who can do this?

Uhm..

I would like to suggest that you not announce on Slashdot on a Friday.

It seems to me that the Slashdot readership (and the tenor of the
resulting comments) tends to oscillate between predominantly software
developers on weekdays and "kewl" teenage techies on weekends.

>From what I've seen, most of the biggest flamewars have been associated
with articles posted on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.  The kids start
flaming each other back and forth, and by the time any professional
software developers see the article (on Monday), there's too many fuzzy
thinking and ad hominem attacks posted to refute them all.

This is, of course, all a gross generalization.  And I have no idea how
long the Slashdot editorial queue is or how long the delay will be
between the time the announcement is sent in and when it is posted.

But I think it would be best to send the announcement in on a Monday
rather than a Friday anyway.

What do you folks think?

=======================|  cdurst@world.std.com                          |==
                       |  http://www.tiac.net/users/cdurst/cdurst.html  |