Re: Interested in starting some basic development

Borko Jandras wrote:

> > If all people followed the above thinking in the past then we would still be using COBOL
> > for business programs. But times change. C is still widely used but that is not
> > necessarily a good thing. Why not help move time along to more modern times?
>
> Modern != better. C++ is IMO really a BAD language. Not just because it
> produces bloated code. There are million reasons.

C++ is not perfect but for my purposes I think it IS better than C. So I use it.

> Until something better than C emerges, I would say we're stuck with C. I'm
> only waiting for that Java-to-native compiler (for egcs) from Cygnus. Now that
> could be the replacement for good old C. Java, as a language, is really the
> best programming language today. Anyone disagrees?

I agree that JAVA is a good language.

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

Brother Preptil, the master of the music, had described Brutha's voice as
putting him in mind of a disappointed vulture arriving too late at the dead
donkey.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)