Re: Direction of Linux games...

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 04:16:25PM +0000, Keith Lucas wrote:

> Surely fixed framerate stuff buggers up as soon as anyone changes monitor
> refresh rate?

Exaclty the problem that Tux_AQFH has.  It's timeing is for Steve's
computer.  With his Voodoo 1 doing 640x480 @ 60Hz and god knows what
processor.

On my computer with my Voodoo 2 sli at the Mesa default of 75Hz and
my o/c celery it goes too fast and inconsistantly so.

> Good. That's something I'm not mad over then. Mind you, having looked at the
> tons of source that I have recently, I do wonder what people are using C++ for
> at all. Most people seem determined to write assembly, albeit with a string
> class...

I've always said the assembly is simple and easy to understand,
it just takes a lot of it to get anything done.

I bet if you gave them an assembler they would try and write C++.

> What about these corpses in the boot of my car? Is that normal as well?..

No that's not normal.  You don't want to leave them in the boot of
your car.

--
Christopher John Purnell  | A friend in need's a friend in deed
http://www.lost.org.uk/   | A friend with weed is better