Installable from the first?

When you start a new project, do you set it up so that it is installable, even with nothing buildable yet, or do you worry about installation later on once the game is more or less functional?

I ask because I just "finished" a Pong clone, but as you can see in the previous thread, I am trying to figure out a way to actually deliver it to other people. I don't want to expect them to untar it and run it from the directory they just created like I do now. In the future, I think if I start from the beginning with a way to install the game, I won't have to worry about trying to retrofit something after the game is all but finished.

Thank you for your time,
Gianfranco

--
GBGames' Blog, An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting Thoughts:
http://www.gbgames.com/blog