Re: Best API?

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> Gareth Noyce <GarethN@solvera-inform.com> writes:
>
> > Which leads me nicely back to the 'Best API' question. So far I've got one
> > vote for the toolkit used for Railroad Tycoon. Any other offers?!
>
> If you want to programm in C++ than you can give ClanLib a try (it
> works at a higher level than SDL). If you are doing the thing in C
> than SDL is a very good choice.

If you want C++ and 3D then you can also look at Crystal Space.

Url is http://crystal.linuxgames.com

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

"We got a talk about it at school. There's lots of stuff most girls can't
do, but you've got to pretend they can, so that more of them will."
        -- Sexism explained
           (Terry Pratchett, Only You Can Save Mankind)