Full-Screen mode.

I have an OpenGL program that (attempts) to run in Full-screen
mode on nVidia hardware/drivers.  I'm using raw Xlib commands
to set up the window - and I have the __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK option
set in order (theoretically) to avoid tearing in the image.

However, I find that my program does not take advantage of
the page-flip option for swapping double-buffers.  This
results in slower rendering and some 'tearing' in the image
when the system is heavily loaded.

When I run the same kind of code - but using GLUT (and the
'glutFullScreen()' function) instead of my own Xlib window
setup functions, it works just fine.

So, I deduce that what I'm doing to get a full-screen window
is somehow not enough to trigger the driver to use page-flip
mode.

I set the window dimensions to be the same as the screen
resolution, and set the window origin to (0,0) - I also
turn off the window border, title, decoration, etc, etc.

What is it that GLUT (or other full-screen programs) do
that I'm missing?   Does anyone have source code to do this
that I could steal ?

I've looked through the GLUT source-code - but it's pretty
impenetrable if you aren't an X-windows expert (and I'm not).

Thanks in advance.

          Steve.

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org