Re: Full-Screen mode.

(Damn, accidentally double posted to OpenGL-gamedev, rather than
replying here) :)

How are you using glXChooseVisual when creating your OpenGL context? You
should be calling it along the lines of...

glXChooseVisual(dpy, screen, attrListDouble);

where attrListDouble is a structure in this form:

static int attrListDouble[] = {
         GLX_RGBA, GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER,
         GLX_RED_SIZE, 8,
         GLX_GREEN_SIZE, 8,
         GLX_BLUE_SIZE, 8,
     GLX_ALPHA_SIZE, 8,
         GLX_DEPTH_SIZE, 24,
         None
};

That's assuming you want 32bit mode, with a 24bit Z-Buffer.

dpy is your Display (connection to the X server)
screen is screen number

Obviously the GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER flag is important. If you remove that
from the structure, you'll just get a single buffered visual. If this
function returns NULL with the attrListDouble structure, then it's
possible that double buffering isn't possible. In that you'll need to
call it again with the GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER flag removed.

Once you've created your OpenGL context, you'll probably also want to
call glXIsDirect to make sure that direct rendering is possible,
otherwise all of your rendering commands will be going via the X server
(which is probably bad).

Cheers, hope that helped.
Simon.

--
email(n) - the current trend in modern postism.