Re: Pingus (again)

Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> writes:

> I have found that you have to upgrade *ALL* the auto* tools at the
> same time.
>
> This is a horrible pain in the ass - but as I said in my last post,
> this isn't something that end-users should ever be concerned about.

Yep, your are right. Just for the record, I have a little build script
for Pingus, which downloads Pingus, ClanLib, Hermes and a bunch of the
auto* tools and installs them in a seperate Prefix, so that they won't
interfer with the rest of the system. The script is a few month old
and newer got tested that much, but in theory running:

 wget -c http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/pingus-cvs-build
 sh pingus-cvs-build /tmp/Pingus/

Should run a complete Pingus build under /tmp/Pingus fully automatical
without user interaction.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: grumbel@jabber.org
ICQ:      59461927