Re: SDL vs GGI

Keith Lucas wrote:

> >I tried to program with Xli, and I gave up. Too hard.
>
> Xlib has a "learning cliff". It's actually not that hard once you know it,
> but there's no easy entry. In order to do much of anything you have to carry
> huge lumps of information about in your head, there's no easy entry level,
> and even being fair, there isn't much in the way of tutorials or examples.

I guess doing C++ trained me to have huge lumps of information about in
my head. ;-)

In a discussion I once had about languages and the wars that ensue, I
came to the conclusion that if every programmer took the language
definition/standard of their favorite language and dropped it over their
head from a significant height, C++ would be a LOT less popular! :-))

--
Pierre Phaneuf
Ludus Design, http://ludusdesign.com/