Re: [Remops] Anonymous Mailing Lists

Tom wrote:

Sure, it's trivial.

Have a frenchman run the list through a japanese hosting service with
the server physically located in china.

Sometimes, technology is NOT the answer. :)

I agree it's not always the answer. But in this case it is 8)

I don't believe any country has both the will and the means to withstand a request from the US to cooperate in a "terrorist investigation." And that's how a lot of these things are being labelled. If I'm in the US and a frenchman has a server in japan to run my mailing list, the US will just ask Japan to see where messages are sent to, bypassing both me and the frenchman.

--B