Re: mixminion on windows

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 23:05, Bryan L. Fordham wrote:
> I downloaded Mixminion-0.0.6.2.win32.zip, extracted to a folder and was
> able to send messages, no problem.

Okay, that's good.  At least the easy one works.

> I downloaded Mixminion-0.0.6.2.win32-py2.3.exe and ran it, it installed
> with no errors.  But when I try to actually use it, I run into trouble
> immediately:
>
>  >>> import mixminion.ClientMain
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in -toplevel-
>     import mixminion.ClientMain
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\mixminion\ClientMain.py", line 17,
> in -toplevel-
>     import mixminion.BuildMessage
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\mixminion\BuildMessage.py", line
> 13, in -toplevel-
>     import mixminion.Crypto as Crypto
>   File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\mixminion\Crypto.py", line 21, in
> -toplevel-
>     import mixminion._minionlib as _ml
> ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 182
>
> I'm using python 2.3 on windows XP.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ug.  I don't know anything about Windows stuff, so I'm not sure why this
would happen.  The error message is saying that it can't load the DLL
that has all the mixminion C extensions.  Let me see if I get the same
thing...

No, it works for me.  Weird!  Maybe it's an XP issue--the binary was
built on Windows 2000.  I'll ask around with Python people to see if
anybody has a clue.

Do you have access to any other computers running Windows 98 or later
that we could try this on?  If we could say with confidence, "This
Always Breaks on XP", that would be quite helpful.  If we can narrow
this down to a particular version, that'd be great.
--
Nick