Re: The status and future of Mixminion network

Hi,

Joel wrote:
> If a node is published, the grove pinger will start pinging it.
> When it is removed it will continue to display on stats for 12
> days. I've also noticed some nodes stay on for unknown reasons.

Thanks for the information. Is it correct, that a zero in the
uptime history means, that pings were sent, so there was a
descriptor?

Well, I stand corrected about the grove pinger, but my main
question remains: most servers have published their descriptor,
but why are they not reachable from the outside...? In detail:

     1  antani is down
     2  cassandra is down
     3  dantooine is down
     4  digilicious is down
     5  frell is down
     6  frell2 is down
     7  geonosis is down
     8  idun is down
     9  KisanganiToo is down
    10  lakshmi is down
    11  mercurio is down
    12  nowwhat2 is down
    13  parakalo is down
    14  phobos is down
    15  PObox is down
    16  rufus is down
    17  slimine is down
    18  sullust is down
    19  winters is down
    20  wiredyne is down
    21  yog is down

Rather confusing, because that's 21 of 33 of all nodes in the
directory...

Ciao

Tobias
--