Pinging? (was: The status and future of Mixminion network)

Hi,

Joel wrote:
> The grove pinger was thrown together rather quickly and as a
> result has a few bugs. It was never intended to stick around
> very long as ping stats were planned to be incorporated into
> mixminion ( which hasn't happened ).

Actually there is pinger code in mixminion.

I decided to give it a poke and enabled pinging in my config.
However, mixminiond crashes fiercely, despite my (admittedly
clueless) attempts to bridge the gap to current versions of
pysqlite and SQLite...
I'm using Mixminion 0.0.8alpha3, Python 2.4.3, SQLite 3.3.17
and pysqlite 2.3.3.

So I'm curious: what'd be the next steps to get distributed
pinging up and running? Database connectivity does not seem to
work at the moment, but I like the pinger design (as described
in Pinger.py, are there any specs?) and the actual pinger code
might work, though.

I don't know about SQLite, but I have a MySQL server running,
and so might others. Perhaps it would be sensible to replace
SQLite with MySQL...?

Ciao

Tobias
--