[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

[tor-relays] Complete list of Tor Metrics keys



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

Hello.

In order to analyze the ongoing DDoS attack, I'm collecting metrics data
from my relays. It's a lot of data so I'm compressing it with zstd. I
need a "dictionary" containing a typical metrics output in order to get
a better compression ratio. The best I have comes from:

  curl -s 127.0.0.1:9035/metrics | sed 's/ [0-9]*$//' > dict

This creates a decent dictionary with sensitive information (the actual
sample values themselves) removed. But from what I understand, Tor only
outputs metrics that are relevant, so a relay that doesn't also host an
onion service will never have a line starting in "tor_hs_", for example.

I'm looking for a sample containing all possible metrics strings, as if
Tor did not remove entries that are unrelated to its current state. It
doesn't seem like the source code contains anything like that in one
easily-accessible location. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Regarding the privacy issue of storing metrics data, the relay will be
automatically encrypting it with a public key so the relay itself never
retains more than a few minutes worth of sensitive data in memory. The
metrics will only be used to try to learn more about the ongoing DDoS.

Regards,
forest
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEARYKAB0WIQQtr8ZXhq/o01Qf/pow+TRLM+X4xgUCaqTkCQAKCRAw+TRLM+X4
xokFAP4snthWGiMg8KXz318kibVVyBZhUIBlOUhVAaC4SuG2NwD/ZQThLAMQFUxP
mAm6PbE68Hk91vvxQq9cr6ySYwjlCwc=
=ck/7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
tor-relays mailing list -- tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe send an email to tor-relays-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx