Re: Tor as a component of a cohesive anonymizing OS

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 09:03:28AM +0300, Giorgos Pallas wrote:
>    Does anybody can give me any hint about how to run two instances of
>    privoxy listening on two different ports, with two different
>    configurations?

Sure, I do this with Debian, one privoxy talks to tor, the other doesn't. I
duplicated the /etc/init.d/ control script, diff as follows:

pipe:init.d/$ diff privoxy privoxy-tor
5c5
< NAME=privoxy
---
> NAME=privoxy-tor
8c8
< CONFIGFILE=/etc/privoxy/config
---
> CONFIGFILE=/etc/privoxy/config-tor

Then there are the two config files, diff:

pipe:privoxy/$ diff config config-tor
134c134
< logdir /var/log/privoxy
---
> logdir /var/log/privoxy-tor
661c661,662
< listen-address  127.0.0.1:8118
---
> # sasho: one port higher for tor-enabled privoxy
> listen-address  127.0.0.1:8119
1009,1010c1010,1011
< # sasho:
< #forward-socks4a / localhost:9050 .