Re: getting more exit nodes

Hi

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 02:47:34PM +0200, Sebastian Hahn wrote:
> Please note how long it takes for a Tor node to be used by clients,

How long is that? Are there any statistics about that?

> I think this will produce a huge amount of overhead when
> such nodes are sending their descriptors and others will try to use
> them a few hours later, when they have been shut down again.

This problem exists as soon as end-user's computers become Tor nodes.

How is this solved currently? Are all Tor nodes servers with high
uptimes?

> They don't want a plugin that does arbitrary things they don't
> quite understand.

We will see. We don't insist on having a browser plugin.

> If you find a good solution for how to make use of Tor relays behind
> restrictive firewalls, that'd be most awesome, but I think such an
> approach should be included in the Tor software.

Well, until now I think my proposed solution could work.

> Note that currently, any relay must be able to connect to any other
> relay.

Client-exit nodes are no normal relays. They have no incoming
connections. They are simply the log scapegoats for the pseudo-exit
nodes.

cu

--
Alexander Bernauer