Re: [tor-talk] To Toggle, or not to Toggle: The End of Torbutton

* Jim <Jimmymac@xxxxxxxxxx> [2011:04:14 23:52 -0600]:
> Mike Perry wrote:
> >I now no longer believe even this much. I think we should completely
> >do away with the toggle model, as well as the entire idea of Torbutton
> >as a separate piece of user-facing software, and rely solely on the
> >Tor Browser Bundles, except perhaps with the addition of standalone
> >Tor+Vidalia binaries for use by experts and relay operators.
>
> Will the Linux version of the TBB use the ~/.mozilla directory to store
> its browser data or will it store it elsewhere?  If it uses ~/.mozilla
> will it do it in a way that does not conflict with anything else that is
> there, such as a normal installation of Firefox?

Right now, the Linux and OS X TBBs reset the $HOME environment variable, so
while they do use the ~/.mozilla directory, it's technically a .mozilla
directory inside of TBB's main directory. So the short answer is yes, it does
it in a way that doesn't conflict with normal installations of Firefox.