Re: [tor-talk] Forget Iran- beware of US isp's

Am Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:31:28 +0200
schrieb Gisle Vanem <gvanem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> "BlueStar88" <bluestar88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > http://www.bucksright.com/verizon-fios-internet-outage-effects-mid-atlantic-states-7233
>
> If you want to argue with URLs, here is one back at you:
>   http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/bucksright.com?src=addon-rw-viewsc
>
> Web-of-Trust gives bucksright.com a low overall score. How come it was
> blacklisted today?

The bucksright-link was found here:

 http://www.dailypaul.com/225701/internet-outage-this-morning-selective-blocking

Which is a more bad source I guess. ;-)

So a hoax at all? Andre76, you shouldn't have fear talking about your
(huge!) access provider. Naming it wouldn't unmask anything. So, could
you clearify this one please?

Anyways, US based TLDs and provider controlled DNS still remain as
weak points. Many wanted (by censoring) and unwanted (by failure)
interruptions are caused by DNS, I'm sure. One day we need peripheral
DNS, P2P'based or the like.
If there was a real outage and by chance caused by any DNS
problems, people with own resolver settings (other or own DNS) wouldn't
even have noticed them. ;-)

--
BlueStar88

0x36150C86 (PGP)