Re: [tor-talk] rant - just want a bit of music

On 04/05/2015 21:50, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
I am presently in New Zealand, and when I try to view in firefox or
download with youtube-dl, some a Capella music, half the time I get a
message from Google saying SME (Sony Music Entertainment) has blocked
this track in my country. Surely solving the ready-access to censored
content problem would be a good start for our freedom lovin'
community?

Example a capella failures to download:
$ youtube-dl 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toga5cWRi0k&list=PLBCnvBvQEJRpdirUvR1CKLMhESI7whlWM'
-i
[youtube:playlist] Downloading playlist

torsocks helps command line programs like this. Add the rule to deny NZ exit nodes in your torrc, then 'torsocks youtube-dl https....'

Yuri