Re: [tor-talk] rant - just want a bit of music

Another option is a VPN, if you're more concerned about choosing your
country than strong anonymity. Astrill has a good UI for picking which
country your traffic is to come from.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Yuri <yuri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/05/2015 21:50, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>
>> I am presently in New Zealand, and when I try to view in firefox or
>> download with youtube-dl, some a Capella music, half the time I get a
>> message from Google saying SME (Sony Music Entertainment) has blocked
>> this track in my country. Surely solving the ready-access to censored
>> content problem would be a good start for our freedom lovin'
>> community?
>>
>> Example a capella failures to download:
>> $ youtube-dl 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toga5cWRi0k&list=
>> PLBCnvBvQEJRpdirUvR1CKLMhESI7whlWM'
>> -i
>> [youtube:playlist] Downloading playlist
>>

> torsocks helps command line programs like this. Add the rule to deny NZ
> exit nodes in your torrc, then 'torsocks youtube-dl https....'
>
> Yuri
>
> --

/***********************************/

*Greg Norcie (norcie@xxxxxxx <norcie@xxxxxxx>)*