Re: [tor-talk] Tor Summer of Privacy

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 20:35:44 -0400
Paul Syverson <paul.syverson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 07:53:55PM -0300, Juan wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 14:35:40 +1000
> > Zenaan Harkness <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Well, I haven't read a lot, but I think there was this history of
> > > TOR where a couple of blokes did what made most sense to them at
> > > the time, and the government (I would attribute
> > > "opportunistically") chose to fund that.
> >

> > 	http://www.onion-router.net/History.html
> >
> > 	"1995: Initial work on Onion Routing begins, funded by
> > ONR."
> >
> > 	I'm guessing 'ONR' is this http://www.onr.navy.mil/
>
> *sigh* If you're going to commit ad hominems and fallacies of division
> at least try to be competent about it. You shouldn't be focused on
> mere funding (and anyway you missed that we started DARPA funding in
> 1996); Those couple of blokes in 1995 were myself and other
> U.S. govt. employees (Naval Research Laboratory).

	You seem to be confusing what I wrote and what Zeenan wrote.
	Oh, and you used the dial a fallacy fallacy eh?

	Zeenan made it sound as if you were some kind of hippies who
	invented something and then 'somehow' got funding from the US
	military when in reality you started working for them from day
	zero, no?

	I'm replying to the rest of your sick nonsense later.

J.