Re: [tor-talk] New site attempting to help Tor grow

On 2015-04-17 17:14, I wrote:
1 TB a month for $60usd a year?
I have several 5 TB a month for $12usd a year.
Are there reasons I don't know of that makes the higher rate necessary?

Robert

I went with DigitalOcean because their API is what allows the provisioning process to be automated which means less time spent by humans setting things up. The only way this was going to work for me is if the basic ordering process was 100% automated with me only tending to the one-offs or odd failures. DigitalOcean charges $5 per month for their base VPS (https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/) which is where the $60 a year comes from. Using a VPS provider that requires a manual order each time as well as manual setup of the Tor client (even if using something like salt or ansible you still need to run a command) just didn't make sense for a side project.

I appreciate all of the feedback but it seems as if this project doesn't make sense yet so I'll probably shut it down and put it on the self until a better solution can be determined (if at all).