Re: [tor-talk] tor project website change

On 4/3/19, blacklight447@xxxxxxxxxxxx <blacklight447@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pretty sure this guy is just trolling and baiting at this point

It looks more like frustration to me
>> The last actual use case warning or disclaimer on torproject.org
>> was removed by or on October 10 2010.

Starting at  https://www.torproject.org/
  Browse Privately.
  - with no caveats.
  BLOCK TRACKERS
  - except they aren't actually blocked, just isolated.  right?
  DEFEND AGAINST SURVEILLANCE
  - I suspect tor is a better defense than using a vpn but still...
with no warnings or caveats it seems a bit much.
  RESIST FINGERPRINTING
  - yay!  "Tor Browser aims to ..."  a reasonable claim.

But wait!  There's more!!

Click on the 'Download Tor Browser' link & go to
https://www.torproject.org/download/
Click on the 'Download Tor Browser' link on that page and get sent to
"../download/" but that's where I was, so wtf?  Maybe I need
javascript enabled??

There's also a link for "Verify Tor Browser signature" but no link to
the signature file.

At least the "Download in another language" link gets me to a page
where I can download tbb and the sig.  It doesn't show which version
will be downloaded, but it does have working links, so it's infinitely
better than the download page.

Lee