Re: Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor

One other way to deal with "antagonizers" is to make users pay money
to activate an account.

Something Awful
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Awful_Forums#Punishment) is
one example of how this method is used to curb unwanted posting: when
somebody is banned, they have to pay to reactivate their account or
pay to create a new account. In this way users actions are directly
linked to their finances.