Re: Gentoo's response on them blocking access to their forums via Tor

Roadburner wrote:
> Hello to myself,
>

> R> Chuckle, how about making the list of Tor servers a hidden service
> R> only available to registered and active Tor server operators? :)
>
> R> The old saying, if you can't beat them, join them?
>
> R> Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
>

> R> Or, only list the country of the server and not the IP address. Seems
> R> to me, I would only be interested in the country the server was
> R> operating from if I wanted to route through all foreign servers.
>
> Seriously this time, could the cached-directory be encrypted to a
> master key and only decrypted within Tor and not by a user?
>
> For those wishing to use foreign Tor servers, provide a simple text
> file of the server nickname and country. The Tor client could then be
> pointed at the server nicknames.
>
> I am new to this, so please forgive my naivety.

And what is there to stop them from running a client and figuring out
the server list ?
Whatever scheme you think of, in the end the client will need to obtain
a list of servers. If the client can obtain the list, so can someone else.

Martin