[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Mac / Intel / Tiger / Only Tor & Privoxy / Tor can't start / no user _tor
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Mac / Intel / Tiger / Only Tor & Privoxy / Tor can't start / no user _tor
- From: News Assi <NewsAssi@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 23:59:58 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:58:57 -0400
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Macintosh/20060719)
I've installed your "only tor & provoxy" package, but it seems so, that
no user will be created by this package, how can I fix that?
--- SNIP ---
# /Library/StartupItems/Tor/Tor start
Starting Tor Service
Aug 09 23:58:54.577 [notice] Tor v0.1.1.23. This is experimental
software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity.
Aug 09 23:58:59.706 [warn] switch_id(): User '_tor' not found.
Aug 09 23:58:59.707 [warn] Failed to parse/validate config: Problem with
User or Group value. See logs for details.
Aug 09 23:58:59.708 [err] tor_init(): Reading config failed--see
warnings above. For usage, try -h.
--- SNAP ---
Thanks a lot