Configuring DNSPort 9999

In the readme for tor 0.2.0.2, it said:

Major features, client usability:
    - A client-side DNS proxy feature to replace the need for
      dns-proxy-tor: Just set "DNSPort 9999", and Tor will now listen
      for DNS requests on port 9999, use the Tor network to resolve them
      anonymously, and send the reply back like a regular DNS server.
      The code still only implements a subset of DNS.

I added this line to my torrc file, but cannot seem to get this working.  I am running WinXP.  Do I need to change the DNS Servers on my n/w connection?  If so, to what?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Steve