Re: Libevent errors with running Tor on a virtual server

Hi,

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:53 AM, D-503<d-503@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'm not allowed to raise the ulimit above 1024
>
> then you've got a problem. you may not be able to run a useful relay
> in this situation.

What means useful? As said in my first post I'm already providing
200-400 GB traffic daily to the tor-network with my node despite those
error-messages in my torlog. I'm just wondering if this will or is
already causing problems like aborting connections or I can just improve
my node behavior with some settings.

> can you contact your hosting provider and see if
> they'll make an exception?

I know that my hosting provider isn't happy with Tor and already
cancelled one exitnode-owner's contract because of abuse-notifications
so I don't think he will raise ulimit for me thus I can run Tor
better :)