[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Making sure that I'm secured
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Making sure that I'm secured
- From: Kyle Williams <kyle.kwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 06:50:29 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:17:55 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=J2s8PmyG7sla+qqPSS1TDibX0zdYXCjKMG9Kt/Dof1A=; b=UnOQNaAiy35Mai2YxPWyB/6zu3I8ecCKowYT0LAjSynMUSMyVHpoKc+UgwSXA+5py8 cWs13W+UtrZN0Rh1c+b3rrHqUeeq0NDbpgHpM3W3b9OdCeuPxF5SYnWAauHovW5zX9AE RdWwIIyDbecaM7Fcm9NtNXORYXcRu603/4gOc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=hsC0Kt3RXjmmdeaNBTVeThl/XtlOEKI3YCJYI7ZUlOPELOq6tzxBrRW7Lvl5J5ToLH BsbR8Y4HRUJ85MW24AXhQ3cHvqjm/hEvYMKFMVtmYfpxro9SgJ5CP/Fqd6zbev/d7aVA BmrZAuUkjX2HY496jrdgIfbh3Ufy0O81A16M4=
- In-reply-to: <706132.68298.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <706132.68298.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
You may want to look at JanusVM or Tor VM. Instead think about re-directing everything to use Tor.
These solutions do that, and work with any application.
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Sadece Gercekler <inanma@xxxxxxxxx>
I'm using the Tor+Firofox browser bundle downloaded at torproject.org. I setup a virtual Windows XP machine under my normal OS (using VMWare) and I'm doing all my private browsing under that machine.
I decided to use an application (like sharpreader) for rss, I configured it to use the Tor proxy and it seems to be using it (since it fails to connect when I stop Tor). But I want to be %100 sure it doesn't make any direct connections.
Do you have any suggestions to make sure that nothing escapes outside except Tor itself? Is there any way to close all outgoing ports except for Tor under Windows XP Pro?