Re: [tor-talk] Appearing American

On 08/23/2013 05:27 PM, mick wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:41:13 -0400
> Nathan Suchy <theusernameiwantistaken@xxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:
>
>> I'd beg to differ. There are very good VPN providers that keep
>> absolutely no logs so you would have anonymity in that case.
>
> How do you pay for them? Bitcoin?
>
> (Serious question. But, I recognise, off-topic.)

It's actually on topic, at least somewhat.

Yes, you can pay with Bitcoins. But first, you must anonymize them
through multiple mixing services, via Tor. Otherwise, Bitcoins are not
at all anonymous, because all transactions are in the blockchain.

Multibit clients work well over Tor. They're local, but they don't
download the blockchain. You can easily run them in Whonix etc.
Reputable mixing services include http://bitlaundry.appspot.com/,
http://fogcore5n3ov3tui.onion/ and http://6fgd4togcynxyclb.onion/.

You can also pay for VPN services by mailing cash.